5 Tips to Become a Natural Speaker
A big part of our online entrepreneurship involves communication. Yes, aka public speaking.
😱 But here’s the problem.
Most people are terrified to speak in front of an audience. It doesn’t matter whether it’s on camera or on stage.
I was one of those people–paralyzed at the thought of public speaking.
Yet, in 2015, I won an international speech competition that positioned me as one of the top hundred speakers in the world.
Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking
If you’ve ever had weeds in your yard, destroying the root prevents them from growing back.
In the same manner, destroy the root that triggers fear. I’ve discovered two:
⚡External Voices (naysayers, culture, society, or friends)
⚡Internal Voices (insecurity, false beliefs, or a self-sabotaging imagination)
Instead, lean on the “voice of truth” and the value you bring to someone else)
Every message is for someone. One person makes it worthwhile even if you don’t impress the masses.
5 Speaking to Become a Natural Speaker
Whatever type of work you do, there is no substitute for effective communication.
But for online entrepreneurs, public speaking is a needed skill.
Here are five tips to improve your communication.
1. Listen well and understand your audience.
2. Be yourself and let your personality shine.
3. Record a practice speech. Mute the video and study your body language.
4. Don’t memorize, but internalize the content. In other words, knowing the topic allows spontaneity.
5. The goal is not to impress others but to impress upon them a valuable piece of transformative information.
Without your voice, people will continue to struggle. So, find the “voice of truth” and develop this valuable skill.
Develop Your Story, So Others Live Their Story
Our ordinary stories can produce extraordinary results.
Your story will help others…
- Develop confidence
- Believe what was once impossible is possible
- Feel empowered to take the first step.
You will become so comfortable on camera; it will feel like you were born to be in front of a lens.
Watch the Video for More Detailed Tips
- How to overcome the fear of public speaking
- The secret of audience connection
- A simple way to create your speaking points
- How to bring your message to life
- A practice to minimize speaking jitters
Online Marketing Coach and Certified Copywriter