Why “Done is Better than Perfect” is Not the Right Mindset
Have you been labeled perfectionist because you have meticulous or detailed-oriented strengths?
Hmmm, would you want your surgeon, pharmacist, accountant, pilot, or doctor to provide “good enough” work?
In this week’s episode, we’ll unpack why “done is better than perfect” is not the right mindset for an online entrepreneur, with examples of leaders who practice excellence.
In this episode, you’ll discover…
- The Difference Between Perfectionism and Excellence
- The 7 Consequences of Doing Good-Enough Work.
- The Origin of “Done Is Better Than Perfect”
- The Confusion Between Productivity and Perfectionism
- Insights From Former Disney CEO
- A Biblical Reflection
- Perfectionism or Excellence–You Decide.
Get comfortable with imperfection but pursue excellence.
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
- Why We Have Too Few Women Leaders (TED)
- How to Manage Perfectionism | Harvard Business Review
- The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company
- Scripture Reference: Colossians 3:23 NLT
Disclaimer: The views expressed by the research material are their own, and their mention on this podcast does not imply an endorsement of their beliefs or any entity they represent. Instead, they are merely a broad spectrum of views to help listeners make an informed opinion.
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
“This is what I’ve been looking for!” <<< If this sounds like you, please consider giving this podcast a 5-star rating and review. This helps me reach and support more people like you. Together we can let our faith shape our work for positive change online.
Join our Private Facebook Community for Faith-Based Online Entrepreneurs.